Avoiding stress

Hi I’m a 32 year old newly diagnosed aspie, I just want to post this to see off it’s normal. 

I’ve noticed that I’m less ‘autistic’ when I avoid stress or avoid anything that drains my battery, for example I’ve been out of work for about 10 months now and have been doing absolutely nothing for that period of time other than tv/Xbox/PC and for the first time I’m felling ok, my autistic behaviours (the ones that cause a lot of issues) seem to diminished somewhat. The social issues and overthinking are still there but it’s not unbearably loud if that makes sense. If I do start doing anything though I can almost feel it draining my battery and I start acting up again. 

Does anybody else experience anything like this?

Parents
  • Yes - my autistic traits (particularly sensory issues) became much more pronounced when my anxiety started to get worse. I'm feeling really burnt out and I feel like my sensory sensitivity is worse than it's ever been (everything is so loud, I can't block any sounds out, and even the smell of my deodorant makes me feel sick some days). When I'm feeling less tired and more relaxed, I can go for days where my sensory issues don't bother me at all. 

Take care of yourself and take time to recharge. Hope you feel better soon.

Reply Children
No Data