Avoiding stress

Hi I’m a 32 year old newly diagnosed aspie, I just want to post this to see off it’s normal. 

I’ve noticed that I’m less ‘autistic’ when I avoid stress or avoid anything that drains my battery, for example I’ve been out of work for about 10 months now and have been doing absolutely nothing for that period of time other than tv/Xbox/PC and for the first time I’m felling ok, my autistic behaviours (the ones that cause a lot of issues) seem to diminished somewhat. The social issues and overthinking are still there but it’s not unbearably loud if that makes sense. If I do start doing anything though I can almost feel it draining my battery and I start acting up again. 

Does anybody else experience anything like this?

Parents
  • Does anybody else experience anything like this?

I think a lot of us on the spectrum feel the same. It seems like work and autism seems like a bad combination if we are not allowed to be ourselves and flourish. If you are newly diagnosed hopefully you will seek out professional support for getting back into the working world but when you feel supported and ready. Best wishes..

• Not sure i’ll ever be ready to rejoin the NT world but the ball is running none the less as a may need the extra income, only looking for 1-2 shifts a week though and a sympathetic employer. 

Reply Children
No Data