Changing times

• I'm not formally diagnosed. I was born in the 1980s. I'd hold the dinnerladys hand in the playground at primary every lunch time. Id wet myself as the toilets smelt weird. I wouldn't eat lunch as the canteen smelt so strong and the noise was too much. I didnt have friends. In high school still no friends but I'd try everynow and again to talk to girls. Most lunch times I found a bush to sit in and eat my lunch! I'd melt down at home and get hit. I'd spin and wave my arms. My mum would say she could never understand me. I feel like I was cheated somehow, if I'd had diagnoses I wouldn't have had the awful life experiences I've had. Wouldn't have been used and abused by various people. Wouldn't have tried taking my life twice. I feel sad for the life I've had and for the life I could of had. Hope this makes sense, anyone else feel like this?
Parents
  • A lot of us born before the millennium have had similar issues and have found our way through life building something with our strengths.

Others have struggled and Life is what we make it - I have always taken baby steps when struggling and focus on what I enjoy and can do which has helped me through the bad times.  Do not look back at what If’s and why’s but look to use it as a learning experience.

What I grew up with built my character as well and I have that to remind me of how I have progressed as a human being.  Yes, sometimes I am too open, trusting, honest and dare I say abused by those taking advantage of my nature but I would not change me for anything.

Thanks care @mouse2 and there are people here that are similar as well as caring about others.

Eccentric1

• Thank you Eccentric1, as you have said above, I too trusted people and theyve caused me harm. I would wonder why I find these people, why do i have more of these people than most. I know now, its clicked into place :(

Reply Children
No Data