Hiki App

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the new dating app for autistic people called Hiki?

Parents
  • I’ve been on it for 3/4 months, it’s fine to begin with and it tapers off as you overuse it, eventually you just learn to sit back and wait for the responses to come to you.

An autistic dating app sees its best results over time, sometimes a prospect/s needs a few months to get comfortable enough to select you, people need time to learn the ropes and proceduralise your presence..

I’ve found that if you hit he ‘match’ button it will refresh, but if you’ve been picked by someone it won’t refresh and you have to make a choice, so you get a feel for the pattern of autistic datees..

It’s a safe space though and that’s the main thing..:)

• you just learn to sit back and wait for the responses to come to you

responces? I never get responces.

• Well you need a nature-outside-sunny photo with a natural pose, followed by a meaty and periodically wholesome bio, then they’ll just give the match something to muse over.  
    Put I few curve balls in there, like a word/grammar misuse or made-up word, so that they can ask a question, or put half of your pet in the photo to pique interest. It’s a question of being gnawingly-intriguing I find..

• Well you need a nature-outside-sunny photo with a natural pose, followed by a meaty and periodically wholesome bio, then they’ll just give the match something to muse over.  
    Put I few curve balls in there, like a word/grammar misuse or made-up word, so that they can ask a question, or put half of your pet in the photo to pique interest. It’s a question of being gnawingly-intriguing I find..

Children
  • heh my 'komorebi vibe' is probably a library or a pub. I didn't go up the mountain to pose ... I went up because I was invited to tea at the top of a mountain (some one built a resturant up there) ... And people started taking photos so I made a silly face. It was a work trip.

chill pet in the background adds a level of honesty to the mix

Or dishonesty in my case as I don't have pets and am not a fan of pets. I tend to avoid dating profiles with pet pictures.

Pair that with some quirky grammatical-flare for others criticise and you’ve got the imperfect-normalcy thing going.

I'm not sure I'm very good at gramatical flair. Unles maybe it a bit of double entendre. In that respect I can be a cunning linguist.

• I dunno, I think the daily-komorebi vibe is the way to go, people like the simple things, I think the whole old-spice posing puts people off.

The thing about pets too, is that they don’t care that you’re posing, so I chill pet in the background adds a level of honesty to the mix. There’s something funny about a dog critically side-eyeing you, in the background, as you take a selfie..

Pair that with some quirky grammatical-flare for others criticise and you’ve got the imperfect-normalcy thing going.  
    It’s not the perfect strategy but I’m happy enough with it, I like to under-promise anyways, so I don’t have to live up to a shining-standard. If matches don’t like that then I suspect that their acquaintance would likely get tiresome as you try to pander to them over time..Sweat smile

• My photo is on top of an alpine mountain so I think that qualifies as outdoors. Although I am pulling a face in it, it’s a funny face. And of course I don’t have any pets, although I did properly fill out my bio.