Assessment tomorrow. Tired and feel like a fraud

It seems a lot of people feel that way going into the assessment. Feel like I'm going to be wasting their time. Also feel unprepared because I haven't been obsessively looking at all things autism in the last couple of weeks since my assessment was rescheduled (as I had been doing the last few months...). Don't know how to prepare myself for them telling me I don't have it and you're back to square one. Of course if I don't then I don't and that's fine, but it'll be hard. I also have to leave my dogs alone for a few hours while I'm at the assessment and I'll just end up worrying about whether they're okay. Almost feel like I don't want to go. I will because I have waited a long time and I need closure either way but I feel wrong about it somewhow. Anyway. If anyone is interested I will let you know how it goes.

Parents Reply Children
  • Like Esmeralda said, you probably gave them enough details in that time. I was told that my assessment would consist of two or three sessions, so maybe they tend to spread it out rather than making you gp through everything in one day? Hope you get chance to relax this afternoon and that you hear back from them soon.

• Thanks for the update. Sounds like you gave enough material in the 90 minutes, probably needed to stop and check something before continuing I reckon. Hope you get your answer next time!

Hope the doggies are well and have had their dinner x