Looks like its my turn to get refused PIP again on Tuesday.

I have a pip interview on Tuesday, it has come out of the blue, they rang me yesterday afternoon and sprang it on me, causing my anxiety to go into overload.

I attended one a couple of years ago, at the time I didn't have a formal diagnosis, but I had been referred and was on a lot of medication for anxiety, I thought it was going ok, until the part about washing and changing clothes came up, at which point I said it wasn't really a priority of mine, the assessor became very judgemental and raised her voice saying "Do you think its acceptable to walk around dirty then?" and similar.

Then near the end of the interview, the assessor made a comment about me being cured, at which point, my partner pointed out there was no cure, the assessor, who clearly had no idea about autism whatsoever, quickly tried to cover up her mistake up by saying "To be fair, there isn't" and looked extremely embarrassed.

It was at this point, I asked her what field of medicine she was in, and she stated she was a nurse. I realised at that point there was no point in continuing, but, as the interview was coming to an end, I went through the motions.

I received a copy of the report a couple of weeks later, and although I did receive a couple of points, most of if was just a load of rubbish, I didn't appeal, due to not having a formal diagnosis, and my anxiety.

I had told the assessor that I had worked all my adult life in the same job, at one point becoming a manager, until the anxiety became really bad 7 or 8 years ago, and I was at that point put on to a simple warehouse duties by myself, due to having an understanding employer, who had made allowances, incredibly  the fact that I had worked for 30 years went against me.

Now I have a diagnosis, I am on the highest prescribed medication for anxiety and diazepam to be taken as and when I need it.

My assessment is at the same centre as it was before, and I know the same assessor still works there, although there are others.

So basically it looks like I will be seeing the DWP in court this time. Any advice would be appreciated.

Parents
  • Good luck with the assessment interview. 

Mine was a disaster I got Zero points.

I received an unexpected text message on an afternoon to ring them regarding an appointment. The gave me a choice of appointments.  8:45am or 9am the following morning.

My assessor was a paramedic. 

He went in great detail through all the early questions on physical health and completely ignored the later mental health/disability questions. Claiming lack of time.

On my report it even stated that I was cleanly shaven in fresh clothes and had a good standard of hygiene.  No mention was made of my autism, anxiety or suicide attempts. 

I asked for the mandatory reassessment.  Even with this they are playing games.

The deadline for the mandatory reassessment was 28 May.  I sent my forms off on the 13 May.  Then I heard nothing for a month and I thought the forms had been lost in the system.  Finally on the 14 June I received a text message acknowledging receipt of my forms and told to expect to wait around ten weeks for a decision. 

• Good luck with the assessment interview. 

Mine was a disaster I got Zero points.

I received an unexpected text message on an afternoon to ring them regarding an appointment. The gave me a choice of appointments.  8:45am or 9am the following morning.

My assessor was a paramedic. 

He went in great detail through all the early questions on physical health and completely ignored the later mental health/disability questions. Claiming lack of time.

On my report it even stated that I was cleanly shaven in fresh clothes and had a good standard of hygiene.  No mention was made of my autism, anxiety or suicide attempts. 

I asked for the mandatory reassessment.  Even with this they are playing games.

The deadline for the mandatory reassessment was 28 May.  I sent my forms off on the 13 May.  Then I heard nothing for a month and I thought the forms had been lost in the system.  Finally on the 14 June I received a text message acknowledging receipt of my forms and told to expect to wait around ten weeks for a decision. 

Children
No Data