Do People Like You? Why don't people like me, is there something wrong with me?

As I've got older - 22 now - I've found that people don't really like me. At work people smile and chat sometimes but I always feel an awkwardness atmosphere.. at school I had no friends, people never wanted to be around me despite me trying many times to talk and make new friends Disappointed . I'm curious as to whether you have any friends and if you notice if people like or avoid you. At work I get spoken to but it feels forced and I just feel really sad because I'm alone and no one wants to get to know me and like me.

I'm a fun friendly girl, I'm thin could possibly eat a bit more but I try my best. I have dreams of becoming a mum someday and settling down with someone, but I just don't see that happening. Is there something wrong with me because I'm like a plague which everyone avoids.

Parents
  • I'm 22 as well. I've lost multiple friend groups over the years - most recently in a really traumatic way two years ago. It sucks, I get that. Sometimes I still wonder if everyone hates me, but I know that's my anxiety/ depression talking.

I have found that the best way of finding your people is to be unapologetically yourself. The right people will gravitate towards you eventually. It may take some time and effort, but it feels so freeing.

It absolutely has nothing to do with how thin you are. If people judge you based on that, you absolutely do not want to have them in your life anyway.

• I think being unapologetically yourself only works if yourself is good. Some people just don't belong anywhere. 

Reply Children
No Data