Do People Like You? Why don't people like me, is there something wrong with me?

As I've got older - 22 now - I've found that people don't really like me. At work people smile and chat sometimes but I always feel an awkwardness atmosphere.. at school I had no friends, people never wanted to be around me despite me trying many times to talk and make new friends Disappointed . I'm curious as to whether you have any friends and if you notice if people like or avoid you. At work I get spoken to but it feels forced and I just feel really sad because I'm alone and no one wants to get to know me and like me.

I'm a fun friendly girl, I'm thin could possibly eat a bit more but I try my best. I have dreams of becoming a mum someday and settling down with someone, but I just don't see that happening. Is there something wrong with me because I'm like a plague which everyone avoids.

Parents
  • Don't worry I feel the same exact way, I live in Virginia and it seems like the people at my work all hate me, I work with disabled adults and I have Autism myself,  my boss is a terrible human being, she has a disabled son and I would have expected her to treat me the same respect she would treat every other person with a disability with the respect and dignity that everyone equally deserves, what really sucks, is that I had a opportunity to teach adults with Autism how to cook, these adults that have severe autism, and it would have been amazing. I was talking to my 2 bosses about an idea I had and my boss just told me to stop talking. I hate my life and the fact that when people find out I'm autistic that must mean I'm incapable of talking or having an actual conversation. Its whatever I guess nobody wants anything to do with autistic people. It's better to be alone than to have fake people pretending they care about me, also what really makes me mad, my coworker had the nerve to say that "we're a family". Yeah, clearly silencing me when I have an idea is definitely something a family does.

• Don't worry I feel the same exact way, I live in Virginia and it seems like the people at my work all hate me, I work with disabled adults and I have Autism myself,  my boss is a terrible human being, she has a disabled son and I would have expected her to treat me the same respect she would treat every other person with a disability with the respect and dignity that everyone equally deserves, what really sucks, is that I had a opportunity to teach adults with Autism how to cook, these adults that have severe autism, and it would have been amazing. I was talking to my 2 bosses about an idea I had and my boss just told me to stop talking. I hate my life and the fact that when people find out I'm autistic that must mean I'm incapable of talking or having an actual conversation. Its whatever I guess nobody wants anything to do with autistic people. It's better to be alone than to have fake people pretending they care about me, also what really makes me mad, my coworker had the nerve to say that "we're a family". Yeah, clearly silencing me when I have an idea is definitely something a family does.

Children
No Data