Do People Like You? Why don't people like me, is there something wrong with me?

As I've got older - 22 now - I've found that people don't really like me. At work people smile and chat sometimes but I always feel an awkwardness atmosphere.. at school I had no friends, people never wanted to be around me despite me trying many times to talk and make new friends Disappointed . I'm curious as to whether you have any friends and if you notice if people like or avoid you. At work I get spoken to but it feels forced and I just feel really sad because I'm alone and no one wants to get to know me and like me.

I'm a fun friendly girl, I'm thin could possibly eat a bit more but I try my best. I have dreams of becoming a mum someday and settling down with someone, but I just don't see that happening. Is there something wrong with me because I'm like a plague which everyone avoids.

Parents
  • There is nothing wrong with you at all.

I pretty much know exactly how  your feeling as I too don’t have any friends, 

People also smile and chat to me, as I am an old bloke now I do get to meet real people sometimes, by that I mean genuine people who don’t judge instantly. I dress how I feel most comfortable which isn’t seen as the norm. 

I get people coming up to me and genuinely want to know why I dress this way and sometimes say very kind things about my clean well presented outfit. :)    

I have masked most of my life in order to try and fit in, it has worked to a degree, but doesn’t take long before I run out of subject matter.

They then move on looking for more stimulating fun. 

I have good qualities and I am extremely loyal.

I just don’t seem to have enough within me instinctively to hold anyone’s attention.

Chatting about the latest soap on tv does nothing for me, I am overly serious but am able to laugh and have a great sense of humour, slightly odd but funny nether the less Lol.

It is sad when people only want to know me for my few useful abilities but it proves I am good at certain things. 

The younger you are diagnosed and the more informed you are like now, the better equipped you will be to accept you are wonderful in many many ways. Find the real people who accept you for just you, no mask, it may be possible to join places with others on the spectrum.

like now you can see we are mostly genuinely nice caring individuals. Just because we don’t fit the majority does not in any way mean we are wrong.

More enlightened in a lot of cases.

I wish you well but for now feel free to stay here and learn more about each of us struggle but often find ways to enjoy our lives without feeling rejected.

may I offer you an aspie virtual hug?

its freely given and no pressure to accept it.

I like to greet people online with a friendly hug I wouldn’t dare do our in the big wide world.

Be happy but above all keep being you, you will find some special friends who accept you for who you are. Awesome!

()

• There is nothing wrong with you at all.

I pretty much know exactly how  your feeling as I too don’t have any friends, 

People also smile and chat to me, as I am an old bloke now I do get to meet real people sometimes, by that I mean genuine people who don’t judge instantly. I dress how I feel most comfortable which isn’t seen as the norm. 

I get people coming up to me and genuinely want to know why I dress this way and sometimes say very kind things about my clean well presented outfit. :)    

I have masked most of my life in order to try and fit in, it has worked to a degree, but doesn’t take long before I run out of subject matter.

They then move on looking for more stimulating fun. 

I have good qualities and I am extremely loyal.

I just don’t seem to have enough within me instinctively to hold anyone’s attention.

Chatting about the latest soap on tv does nothing for me, I am overly serious but am able to laugh and have a great sense of humour, slightly odd but funny nether the less Lol.

It is sad when people only want to know me for my few useful abilities but it proves I am good at certain things. 

The younger you are diagnosed and the more informed you are like now, the better equipped you will be to accept you are wonderful in many many ways. Find the real people who accept you for just you, no mask, it may be possible to join places with others on the spectrum.

like now you can see we are mostly genuinely nice caring individuals. Just because we don’t fit the majority does not in any way mean we are wrong.

More enlightened in a lot of cases.

I wish you well but for now feel free to stay here and learn more about each of us struggle but often find ways to enjoy our lives without feeling rejected.

may I offer you an aspie virtual hug?

its freely given and no pressure to accept it.

I like to greet people online with a friendly hug I wouldn’t dare do our in the big wide world.

Be happy but above all keep being you, you will find some special friends who accept you for who you are. Awesome!

()

Children
  • Hello, thank you and yes I accept the virtual hug Slight smile

I will stay here, I find it comforting being here around all of you. It helps me being here, I learn from everyone's experiences.

I know some people at work, but I feel like they talk ebcause they have to but feel that they really don't like being around me. I make them uncomfortable I think.

Thank you for your reply, it was really helpful. and thank you for the hug! X