That post diagnostic feeling

Maybe I'm odd  but now I've got the diagnosis I'm not ecstatic or anything.  It's just a 'Well I was right all along" feeling .  I'm still the same person ,warts and all,than I was before.

It's not as though there has been a sea change or anything.  I think this may be due to the awareness that there's little out there for adults , and I can't see how this is going to affect me going forwards.

Parents
  • Yes, it's an anticlimax. It's a stage in your journey. There was a buildup and now you are a bit numb, uncertain what next. As others have said, you keep processing it on the background. It will output something for sure. With time you would start using this new insight to reassess not only your past, but how you cope with life, your choices for the future. New phase will surely come where you will start building your new identity, your new 'operating procedures' on how to deal with life, with people.. Give yourself time. It's a life's journey, just watch the view for now :)

• Yes, it's an anticlimax. It's a stage in your journey. There was a buildup and now you are a bit numb, uncertain what next. As others have said, you keep processing it on the background. It will output something for sure. With time you would start using this new insight to reassess not only your past, but how you cope with life, your choices for the future. New phase will surely come where you will start building your new identity, your new 'operating procedures' on how to deal with life, with people.. Give yourself time. It's a life's journey, just watch the view for now :)

Children
No Data