Stomach Pains

I have been having lots of stomach pains and pain around the rib cage. I have had scans and blood tests but they have not found any medical answer. I have been seeing an osteopath and she says that it is all due to anxiety. Does anyone else get this and if so how do you prevent it? I am so fed up of constantly being in pain.

Parents
  • There was an interesting news item quite recently about people with IBS and other painful conditions benefitting more from CBT than from taking tablets.

• Cbt can work for some people as it works on the anxiety that causes the ibs which is great, I tried this myself but I found no benefit from Cbt, logically it made sense but I couldn't handle the stress of going! 

I do use some of the techniques but I really don't find they work that well for me, l know others really benefit from it though 

• For me, the peppermint oil tablets provided some 'instant' relief (which may simply have been the placebo effect)

Longer term, breathing exercises, visualising my guts un-knotting and CBT style mental exercises helped.

Basically my stomach will tell me the 'truth' about my stress levels, so I've learned to listen to it and take action

• For me, the peppermint oil tablets provided some 'instant' relief (which may simply have been the placebo effect)

Longer term, breathing exercises, visualising my guts un-knotting and CBT style mental exercises helped.

Basically my stomach will tell me the 'truth' about my stress levels, so I've learned to listen to it and take action

Children
No Data