Friendship problems...

I have a super amazing friend, they're neurotypical and we've been friends for 10+ years, since we left school. I have very few other friends with extrememly minimal contact, this is the one friend who I will see in person maybe every month which is a LOT for me.

We share a hobby, but in many ways we're also different. They know i'm weird and are incredibly tolerant and kind. 

They're also interested in a bunch of different things than me and my stupid brain can't handle it. I get freaked out every time they try and share their interests with me. I try to never tell them to their face that i automatically hate what they like because it's irrationally threatening. I'm also very possessive and don't like that they have other friends or do other things. Great.. now I sound like a psychopath! But i'm honestly not. Again my friend doesn't know anything about this. 

Does anyone have similar problems? Can anyone give any advice? How can I stop feeling threatened by someone being a normal person and liking perfectly fine things? 

Parents
  • My one true friend has Aspergers so we are quite alike and we share the same interests and similar stuggles but he can make friends much easier so it Annoys me that he has multiple friends so I tend to be quite clingy.

I get a kid with the stereotypes on autistics as people think that we don’t want any friends where it’s actually we just like one or two friends and we just enjoy our alone time.

i have some other friends but I have kind of disconnected from them since they developed a group of people. I try to talk to them individually but my Aspergers friend is the best i could ask for.

• My one true friend has Aspergers so we are quite alike and we share the same interests and similar stuggles but he can make friends much easier so it Annoys me that he has multiple friends so I tend to be quite clingy.

I get a kid with the stereotypes on autistics as people think that we don’t want any friends where it’s actually we just like one or two friends and we just enjoy our alone time.

i have some other friends but I have kind of disconnected from them since they developed a group of people. I try to talk to them individually but my Aspergers friend is the best i could ask for.

Children
No Data