Finally assessed

Hi all, long time no speak.

Finally had my assessment a couple of weeks ago. I do indeed have an ASD of the Asperger's type.

I was so relieved. It gave validation to me.

The journey was long. But now I'm kind of falling flat. Like the journey is more important than the destination. 

In a kind of strange place now. All the pieces are in flux and I'm trying to put it all together.

Feeling more isolated than ever now. So much to discuss but no one to talk to.

I'm looking for commonality amongst others, or different even perspectives.

Any advice welcome.

Parents
  • I’m glad that you finally got your diagnosis and validation. It is odd trying to piece together the jigsaw post diagnosis, it can take a while to come to terms with things. I got diagnosed last December and I’m pretty ok with it now actually. You’re not isolated, you are now part of a tribe :-) Hopefully you find that talking with other members on here can provide you with support and friendship.

I got this book the other day, just to see if there was anything useful in it:

An Adult with an Autism Diagnosis - A Guide for the Newly Diagnosed. By Gillan Drew.

I don’t know if it’s any good yet but the reviews were good.

Good luck with adjusting to your diagnosis.

• I’m glad that you finally got your diagnosis and validation. It is odd trying to piece together the jigsaw post diagnosis, it can take a while to come to terms with things. I got diagnosed last December and I’m pretty ok with it now actually. You’re not isolated, you are now part of a tribe :-) Hopefully you find that talking with other members on here can provide you with support and friendship.

I got this book the other day, just to see if there was anything useful in it:

An Adult with an Autism Diagnosis - A Guide for the Newly Diagnosed. By Gillan Drew.

I don’t know if it’s any good yet but the reviews were good.

Good luck with adjusting to your diagnosis.

Children
No Data