Breaking rules meltdown

1. Does anyone here get really anxious of they think they've broken a rule or made a poor decision? I really struggle and get on the verge of meltdown :( 
Parents
  • I am compelled to 'do the right thing'.   It's very deeply ingrained into me and i strive to be perfect in everything I do.  if I have a negative interaction with people or am not sure if I have behaved correctly, it troubles me to the point that I can't sleep.   I will process it over and over again seeing if I can be judged to be 'at fault'.

For example - A few years ago, I sold a car on ebay - it had a slight overheating fault - nothing terrible - I've been driving it like that for 6 months.   I did an awesome advert, lovely pictures etc. - but clearly stating 'spares or repair only'.

A guy bought it, came to collect it and thrashed the *** out of the car as he drove off down the road.   I was concerned.

I got a nasty e-mail from him in the evening claiming I'd mis-described the car as he'd blown it up on the motorway.  After an exchange of e-mails he backed down.  I had done nothing wrong.   I re-read my advert over and over - and it was all absolutely clear.    Did my superb advert cause this muggle to read more into it than was actually there?

It upset me a lot - it took a year before it wasn't intrusive in my mind.    It still bothers me - it's just another of the many little things that I get to reprocess in the small hours when my brain decides to wake me up for a laugh.

• Yes I get this 100%, to the extent that I feel compelled to list every possible niggle with things I sell on eBay - most people would simply rely on the implicit "sold as seen / no returns".

I once sold something that worked 100% but had been repaired & I forgot to mention it, got accused of trying to pull a fast one, and simply gave a "no return refund" rather than argue.

It really upsets me too if someone questions my motives / suggests I'm not being honourable.

• I do the same - I cannot live with the thoughts that I am without honour - maybe I'm part Klingon?   Smiley

On the other hand - the definite and careful descriptions and well framed, focussed and corrected photos typically earn me 50-100% higher sale prices when compared to the illiterate 'pictured in the dark' photos of muggle's-adverts.    .

• I do the same - I cannot live with the thoughts that I am without honour - maybe I'm part Klingon?   Smiley

On the other hand - the definite and careful descriptions and well framed, focussed and corrected photos typically earn me 50-100% higher sale prices when compared to the illiterate 'pictured in the dark' photos of muggle's-adverts.    .

Children
No Data