Different accent

Wondering if anyone else has this I'm English, lives in England, parents sound English but I sound South African or Austrailian depending on who you ask. Weird right? Is this something to do with the autism?

Parents
  • I did the middle year of my degree in Rhode Island. In the second week there was a meeting for the international exchange students - the other English students thought I was one of the American 'buddies' because my accent was so American.

It took over 2 years to shed it!

Also, if I spend time with someone with a strong accent or speech pattern etc. I have to stop myself mirroring it lest it seems like I'm taking the pish!

• What you said is just like me. English is my second language and I work in a company with many British people. When I meet a person having a heavy accent, my husband always notice the different accent I have at different period of time. Then I realised I do mirroring heavy accents when I am alone in the office or when I am doing repetitive work.

• What you said is just like me. English is my second language and I work in a company with many British people. When I meet a person having a heavy accent, my husband always notice the different accent I have at different period of time. Then I realised I do mirroring heavy accents when I am alone in the office or when I am doing repetitive work.

Children
No Data