I don't understand what is going on?

In therapy the counsellor use to reply to emails but now won't. I asked about it yesterday and he said not to encourage dependency. But I was left guessing why he wasn't replying. Is it me or is the ASD making it hard to understand the situation? Not knowing what is going on has made me anxious. Would you find it hard to understand because of your autism?

Parents
  • I think he's probably rationing his time more effectively between his own priorities.  The reason he has given you isn't  very satisfactory but you'll just have to accept his new policy. Yes ASD would make it hard for you to accept because the explanation is incomplete and that drives you nuts. You could ask him directly  for clarification in your next session - you have a right to know if it's something you personally need to work on or just a unilateral decision.

I hate psychiatrists by the way.

• I think he's probably rationing his time more effectively between his own priorities.  The reason he has given you isn't  very satisfactory but you'll just have to accept his new policy. Yes ASD would make it hard for you to accept because the explanation is incomplete and that drives you nuts. You could ask him directly  for clarification in your next session - you have a right to know if it's something you personally need to work on or just a unilateral decision.

I hate psychiatrists by the way.

Children
No Data