Autism in the Military

People with Autism are not allowed in the British Military and it’s about time this rule was changed. If you agree please sign this petition. With enough signatures the government will have to discuss the matter in parliament.

www.change.org/.../uk-parliament-allow-people-with-autism-to-join-the-armed-forces

Parents
  • My son is 16 and has a diagnosis of Autism/Aspergers. He has just accepted a place in the RAF as an Aircraft Engineer. 

He was given a medical where he was asked how his Autism affected him and his medical records were looked at. They seemed more concerned over any food Intollerance’s. 

They have finally opened up to the fact that people with Autism are an asset. 

• It’s very different being an aircraft engineer to joun8ng the army as a foot soldier. As the world appears to be tetering on the brink of ww3 and the military are looking for our children as canon fodder. Please don’t let your joy create a rule which could condemn my son to military service which could see him bullied or killed ( he has a job, is physically ver fit - runs marathons - and his own home but has very poor language and social skills 

• It’s very different being an aircraft engineer to joun8ng the army as a foot soldier. As the world appears to be tetering on the brink of ww3 and the military are looking for our children as canon fodder. Please don’t let your joy create a rule which could condemn my son to military service which could see him bullied or killed ( he has a job, is physically ver fit - runs marathons - and his own home but has very poor language and social skills 

Children