Autism in the Military

People with Autism are not allowed in the British Military and it’s about time this rule was changed. If you agree please sign this petition. With enough signatures the government will have to discuss the matter in parliament.

www.change.org/.../uk-parliament-allow-people-with-autism-to-join-the-armed-forces

Parents
  • I am autistic and my my adult son has autism. He’s an adult and copes very well generally.he has a job, can drive and runs with a running club, but there are worlds of difference between this and becoming what increasingly looks like a desperate need for recruitment as canon fodder. He has difficulties with language so severe that he would misunderstand. He has been vulnerable to bullying all his life and his need for routine and inflexibility would make him vulnerable to severe discipline without understanding him. In the current climate don’t wish your son or daughter to be thrown into this maelstrom

• I am autistic and my my adult son has autism. He’s an adult and copes very well generally.he has a job, can drive and runs with a running club, but there are worlds of difference between this and becoming what increasingly looks like a desperate need for recruitment as canon fodder. He has difficulties with language so severe that he would misunderstand. He has been vulnerable to bullying all his life and his need for routine and inflexibility would make him vulnerable to severe discipline without understanding him. In the current climate don’t wish your son or daughter to be thrown into this maelstrom

Children
No Data