Autism in the Military

People with Autism are not allowed in the British Military and it’s about time this rule was changed. If you agree please sign this petition. With enough signatures the government will have to discuss the matter in parliament.

www.change.org/.../uk-parliament-allow-people-with-autism-to-join-the-armed-forces

Parents
  • I mean to be honest I don’t think this is going to be an issue much longer. In the 21st century war is basically becoming a video game. The notion that wars are won by people marching around with guns and backpacks is becoming pretty antiquated. The tank is the backbone of the land force and the jet seems to be the key to air superiority. More and more drones are coming into the picture. The notion that you need to stay calm and communicative while waiding through mud with 30 men to perform on the field of battle is no longer true for many roles.

as war becomes ever more mechanised I think hand / eye coordination and technical skills will be prioritised over social skills.

• war is beyond even tanks and drones now....

modern war is waged with information.
    he who controls the context, the news, the facts, becomes god, shaper of everything.

• Modern warfare is all about "silent weapons for quiet wars" apparently...

Reply Children
No Data