Autism in the Military

People with Autism are not allowed in the British Military and it’s about time this rule was changed. If you agree please sign this petition. With enough signatures the government will have to discuss the matter in parliament.

www.change.org/.../uk-parliament-allow-people-with-autism-to-join-the-armed-forces

Parents
  • sorry but rules are in places like this for both your protection and others protection.
    i am not diagnosed autistic but upon my interview they declined me because it was clear my social life and social skills are not good enough for the army.... to let people in with any social disorder or even lack of social skills even undiagnosed and lacking social skills you will be denied, because if you let such people in they are a weak link and a lack of communication can cause deaths in the army.... legally speaking you cannot change this because it puts people at risk of death, this is why they are allowed to discriminate because it is on health and safety grounds to protect you and your squad mates who may die due to your lack of social ability.

thinking upon my situation id say they made the right call, i wouldnt have been suited there, i wouldnt have liked it. id not have understood a thing anyone else is saying as even in a warehouse environment i can barely understand people. that will cause deaths in the army, most likely my own as id not understand a command and do something entirely different and put myself and others in harms way.

peoples feelings on this dont matter..... inclusionism doesnt matter..... none of that matters over another persons life, if inclusion causes deaths then inclusion would be banned from society.... inclusion is only good within reason, causing peoples deaths by it is out of any reason and makes it negative. it should only be positive inclusion with no risk of harm to oneself or others.

• I've sometimes wondered what I'd do if WW3 broke out. I used to work as an operational researcher (a job more or less invented by the military in WW2), I have lots of technical skills, experience in bioscience, modelling virulent diseases. I doubt I'd be wanted by the armed forces given my physical health but I might offer to join the MOD in a technical / analytical role. And in WW2 they ended up having to deploy analysts to field HQs so they had to give them honorary commissions and ranks. I once figured out had I been deployed in WW2 given my job grade at the time I'd have been made an army captain or navy / RAF lieutenant.

If people really want to get into the military try getting into the non military defence services and see if there is a back door.

• aye in ww2 they probably wanted anyone and didnt care about casualties. a time of desperation theyd want the unwantables.... kinda like how the soviet union disregarded the lives of their people and pointed guns at their civilians and forced them into the germans arms to waste german bullets. costing over 20 million soviet casualties by use of using humans as disposable meat walls with little care for their own peoples lives.

• aye in ww2 they probably wanted anyone and didnt care about casualties. a time of desperation theyd want the unwantables.... kinda like how the soviet union disregarded the lives of their people and pointed guns at their civilians and forced them into the germans arms to waste german bullets. costing over 20 million soviet casualties by use of using humans as disposable meat walls with little care for their own peoples lives.

Children
No Data