Autism in the Military

People with Autism are not allowed in the British Military and it’s about time this rule was changed. If you agree please sign this petition. With enough signatures the government will have to discuss the matter in parliament.

www.change.org/.../uk-parliament-allow-people-with-autism-to-join-the-armed-forces

Parents
  • They let me in!

I found myself barely able to cope, but willing to have a go until one to many staff sargent decided to make it his mission to "fix me", and I'd had enough by then..

A quick scan of the manual of military law, queens regs and the book I can never remember the title of and I was out on a section 414 after an amusing little episode where I pleaded not-guilty to a section 69 charge and made it stick.

That's why they don't like Autistic people. We are unlikely to be able to conform to the extent required, no matter how much we may want the job, and have an enhanced abilty to do damage if you properly annoy us high functioning ones.

For some roles some obscure branches probably seek us out. I've spoken to several employers (including my new one) who really rate the performance of their Autistic employees. Some of them will even make the allowances neccesary to keep us on the job, the army however, becuase of the nature of it's work, and the nature of soldiers as a cohesive killing force, cannot.

Many Autists may also find themselves having qualms about the job when the stuff gets real, too, whereas the normies seem to take "programming" rather better, and it is more likely to hold in the heat of battle, I suspect. 

• They let me in!

I found myself barely able to cope, but willing to have a go until one to many staff sargent decided to make it his mission to "fix me", and I'd had enough by then..

A quick scan of the manual of military law, queens regs and the book I can never remember the title of and I was out on a section 414 after an amusing little episode where I pleaded not-guilty to a section 69 charge and made it stick.

That's why they don't like Autistic people. We are unlikely to be able to conform to the extent required, no matter how much we may want the job, and have an enhanced abilty to do damage if you properly annoy us high functioning ones.

For some roles some obscure branches probably seek us out. I've spoken to several employers (including my new one) who really rate the performance of their Autistic employees. Some of them will even make the allowances neccesary to keep us on the job, the army however, becuase of the nature of it's work, and the nature of soldiers as a cohesive killing force, cannot.

Many Autists may also find themselves having qualms about the job when the stuff gets real, too, whereas the normies seem to take "programming" rather better, and it is more likely to hold in the heat of battle, I suspect. 

Children
No Data