Autism in the Military

People with Autism are not allowed in the British Military and it’s about time this rule was changed. If you agree please sign this petition. With enough signatures the government will have to discuss the matter in parliament.

www.change.org/.../uk-parliament-allow-people-with-autism-to-join-the-armed-forces

Parents
  • I served for nearly six years of full service so I'm well versed in what happens in the military (UK) if you get a good unit then no problem but I ended up after 4 1/2 years regular service being medically discharged after two nervous breakdowns In 1985 I was only diagnosed in 2014 with ASD and when obtaining my service record were the markers for ASD there. There are lower stress jobs that could be done by us but  we have to be very versatile and it's something that I wasn't..

• I served for nearly six years of full service so I'm well versed in what happens in the military (UK) if you get a good unit then no problem but I ended up after 4 1/2 years regular service being medically discharged after two nervous breakdowns In 1985 I was only diagnosed in 2014 with ASD and when obtaining my service record were the markers for ASD there. There are lower stress jobs that could be done by us but  we have to be very versatile and it's something that I wasn't..

Children
No Data