No one will listen to me

What do you do when no one will recognise your point of view?

Parents
  • Try putting it a different way? Usually get frustrated and driving myself mad before I realise I can't force others to agree with me, then again sometimes I have to question if my point of view is right, (this doesn't happen often lol I like to think I'm always right Blush) I'm not of course... It is hard as an aspie to see something the way somebody else might though because we are so self focused.

• I get the impression that it' more about style than substance. I wish there were lessons in style for Autistic people. Teaching us whatever it is people want in conversation.

Reply Children
  • Well, yes, but wouldn't you find that exhausting? I personally have had too many years of trying to work out how to do conversation to come across as "normal" and it simply doesn't work for me. I'm much more relaxed when I'm just me however ineffective it is...

I don't know if this is true for others, but I think it's easy to get hurt in conversations anyway, because people overlook your views and cut you up, that kind of thing. It's hard going, especially in groups.