Jazz hands

Several times a week I walk along the seafront where I live and drink copious amounts of rum. I talk to imaginary friends and have a good old time. I'm slowly killing myself. I'm one of the last big drinkers. 

Parents
  • Well, we're all going to die, one way or another, and at least you're having a good time sometimes. Sorry if that  sounds uncaring, it's not meant to be, I just get fed up with people who think it's fine to get drunk "socially" but condemn someone who does it alone as an "alkie" .

Alcohol seems to be commonly used by autistic people to mute the effects of sensory overload, so you're not alone. If you're concerned and want to stop, see your GP.  Some people can kick the habit with support & feel better for it. But I believe there are some people who have such severe autistic and/or mental health issues that alcohol is the only way they can cope. It's demonized in our society, while certain prescriptions for medications with serious side effects are deemed ok. What's important is quality of life. You have the power to decide what is best for you. Take care of yourself.

• What upsets me is that people won't talk to me and yet every NT psychopath has more friends than you can shake a stick at even though they binge drink at the weekend.

• It seems you're lonely, and understandably angry. One problem is the "double empathy" issue - NTs don't understand you, and you don't understand them. Perhaps you could join a meet up group of autistic people? There are details of groups on this website I think - check the information section. I hope you will be able to take some action to make your life happier.

• It seems you're lonely, and understandably angry. One problem is the "double empathy" issue - NTs don't understand you, and you don't understand them. Perhaps you could join a meet up group of autistic people? There are details of groups on this website I think - check the information section. I hope you will be able to take some action to make your life happier.

Children
No Data