Are you good at identifying emotions/feelings within yourself?

Example 1: At my last psych appointment the pdoc said I looked happy. I didn't think I was.

Example 2: Was recently seen at main hospital emergency department  because of chest pains. Tests were ok, but BP was higher than normal . Had to go for follow up the next day . Doctor said it had been  raised because I was anxious. Apparently my pulse rate was fast.  I hadn't noticed I was anxious.

I don't think it happens all the time ie I sometimes know when I'm anxious etc .

• The ball boys actually had special training before hand on the instructions of Jurgen Klopp to ensure they gave the ball back as quickly as possible to the Liverpool players. Eg they always have a spare ball in their hands and are strategically placed near the corner flags rather than collect the ball that has gone out of play.

• Yes I get number 1, and I get something similar to 2 in that if I'm under acute stress my memory of it comes as a series of snapshots rather than a movie, but I don't get 3.

• Do you get them odd feelings too.

These are three that I get.

1.a massive chill for about 1 second through my entire body.

2. When I’m in an awkward situation like when I used to have parent-teacher night I wouldn’t know where to look and my eyes would dart round the room. Everything would go out of proportion and people’s faces and sounds would feel far away but things really close would feel even closer.

3. Everything feels weak and I just drop to the floor for no reason, after about 10 seconds I would be fine but a little confused.

• There are ball boys and they are employed by a team and only work at that stadium but all the ball boy would have done is just done his job properly and not time waste.

• The reasons Football is important to me is that I love the sport as it’s fun, gives exercise and helps get any fire inside you out.

Supporting a team for me is just probably the community and the feeling of having something in common to talk about because I’m very different to most people.

I support Arsenal because I’m from London, not north London but east London is close enough. East London is riddled with poverty and grit. It’s a bit like south London just the white mans version.

• I don't know how accurate it is. For me it gives a result that seem to reflect the way that I am.

Maybe someone else knows?

I know it's a relatively short test, so it could be unreliable - but I'm speculating.

• I mean I am fully aware of the emotions I'm feeling and the range of them and normally what has caused it! But most people do tell me I look miserable and I'm not I'm just tired not up or down just meh, I'm not bothered was just querying as to how accurate it is?

• I'm not sure what to say :-). When you say you don't really struggle with emotions, what do you mean exactly?

• I'm a bit confused by this test to be honest, I shared the link with my partner who does struggle with emotions he scored 134, but asked me to do it as well and I got 128! I don't really struggle with emotions so not sure what to make of that!

• Yep. All I know about last night is that someone scored a goal and a lot of people got very excited over it. The thing that I'm a little interested in is that I heard that the goal was helped by a quick-thinking "ball boy" & I thought "ball persons" were limited to tennis? But also, shouldn't a ball person be neutral and not help a specific team?

I may have got those facts totally wrong as I only heard about the goal on the news and my wife told me the thing about the ball boy.

• That seems to be the horrible irony; when you can't identify feelings generally, the ones that you *can* identify seem to be anxiety, frustration & anger.

For me at the moment, I've worked on my thinking processes so that I don't catastrophize (it works mostly) so now when I get anxious all I notice is that my legs go cold and fizzy. Most of the time I seem to have no feelings at all except fear and a sense of pointlessness.

• I don't get it either.  Except I live near Watford - and all the football fans are going completely nuts - they can't speak about anything else but cup finals.   

I went to school with Vinnie Jones.   Apparently, the school was so rough that everyone is either in prison or dead. According to his biography. 

I must not have noticed because of all the nice people surrounded by countryside.

• It simply doesn't move me. I think this might be linked to Alexithymia (maybe?) as I had a long conversation with someone once who was trying to convey to me the excitement and emotion of supporting a team and it meant nothing to me.

There might also be a bit of "demand avoidance" as the culture I grew up in said that part of becoming a man was to choose a team to support. I couldn't see why I should, so I didn't.

Add to that the fact that most of those at school who went on about football were absolute tossers and that was the final nail in the coffin.

So it's both; the game doesn't excite me, and being a supporter perplexes me. I do understand that the emotion of supporters can inspire the team to try harder as I've experienced this myself when I'm running for instance and people cheer me on. But I simply don't care who wins a football game.

• I am particularly interested in war planes and combustion engine aircraft like spitfires and Messerschmidts. 

The Battle of Britain is one of my favourite topics ever in the world, everything about it is just so cool.

I am a bit obsessed with the uk’s defence budget and current situation from the new  f-22 raptors that have been purchased to the plans for the new dreadnought class nuclear submarines. 

Have you seen the tempest project for the 6th generation fighter. It looks like something from a sci-fi game.

• I am absolute horrendous at knowing how I feel.  I tend to call everything “anxiety” because I don’t really know what it is. 

• They blew their first chance from a top 4 league finish but if we (Arsenal) can win the europa league then we will have a space. 

Its not emery’s fault because he isn’t getting the funds to replace the Crappy players around the stars like aubameyang. It’s kroenke’s fault for not giving the manager any money to spend.

• Will Young, nice to meet you . You told a few things about yourself.

I like science, aeronautics [like air show and air crash investigation), films (some),music,history and art.

I also love this:  astronomy and aeronautics. Planes and rockets, gravity and planets. 

hen I was a little girl we had architecture books, I loved looking at building plans, various styles, yam

• Arsenal blew their chances of a Champions league place when it had been well within their grasp. Negative chatter  already about  Unai Emery .