Anyone interested in motorbikes?

I'm fairly new here and newly diagnosed with ASD. Anyway, motorbikes are one of my interests, and, well, it might be a long shot,  I was wondering if anyone else here is into them too. I don't know anyone else IRL who shares this enthusiasm. It'd be nice to hear from anyone else who is interested.

Parents
  • hello,welcome to here. i ride and once ive convinced myself i might enjoy a ride out,ill get 1 out and go off somewhere.i ride american 2 wheeled tractors, you can guess...

i call it my "helmet time" helps me focus and gets rid of some negativity,a temporary fix !,theres the friendship that goes along with riding,meet ups at cafes and such.sometimes i like to be left alone but other times its nice to chat to fellow riders about stuff.got back into bikes after a long spell,used to do alot of enduro and motocross when i was much younger.i was diagnosed aspergers late last year at 52 ..

• hello :-) 'two wheeled tractors' - haha. Ah, yes, I have heard elsewhere that riding is great therapy - an escape - literally. I don't know much about enduro or motocross, tho motocross looks like lots of fun - is that dirt bikes? And I follow MotoGP obsessively.
    also - what does it feel like to be diagnosed fairly late, at 52?

• I'm more into actual 2WD and FWD tractors. But it reminded me that I used to live near the UK Laverda sole importer years ago. Well, I certainly knew that there was also a Italian tractor manufacturer called Laverda, but I discovered the Laverda family got into crotch rockets after having previously made combine harvesters. And sure enough, the UK importer was also in a rather rural location and, probably also some farmer's son's sideline. They fixed my lowly Suzuki 90, so I can't complain.

I have to admit that I am currently not the greatest fan of MCs due to the fact that local playboys use our street as a racing circuit, and it's too loud for late night comfort. But what i would really like to do right now is get a well-made electric motorbike or trike , and prove to the local ejitts that quiet usually gets there quicker and safer.

• I'm more into actual 2WD and FWD tractors. But it reminded me that I used to live near the UK Laverda sole importer years ago. Well, I certainly knew that there was also a Italian tractor manufacturer called Laverda, but I discovered the Laverda family got into crotch rockets after having previously made combine harvesters. And sure enough, the UK importer was also in a rather rural location and, probably also some farmer's son's sideline. They fixed my lowly Suzuki 90, so I can't complain.

I have to admit that I am currently not the greatest fan of MCs due to the fact that local playboys use our street as a racing circuit, and it's too loud for late night comfort. But what i would really like to do right now is get a well-made electric motorbike or trike , and prove to the local ejitts that quiet usually gets there quicker and safer.

Children
No Data