Anyone interested in motorbikes?

I'm fairly new here and newly diagnosed with ASD. Anyway, motorbikes are one of my interests, and, well, it might be a long shot,  I was wondering if anyone else here is into them too. I don't know anyone else IRL who shares this enthusiasm. It'd be nice to hear from anyone else who is interested.

Parents
  • hello,welcome to here. i ride and once ive convinced myself i might enjoy a ride out,ill get 1 out and go off somewhere.i ride american 2 wheeled tractors, you can guess...

i call it my "helmet time" helps me focus and gets rid of some negativity,a temporary fix !,theres the friendship that goes along with riding,meet ups at cafes and such.sometimes i like to be left alone but other times its nice to chat to fellow riders about stuff.got back into bikes after a long spell,used to do alot of enduro and motocross when i was much younger.i was diagnosed aspergers late last year at 52 ..

• hello :-) 'two wheeled tractors' - haha. Ah, yes, I have heard elsewhere that riding is great therapy - an escape - literally. I don't know much about enduro or motocross, tho motocross looks like lots of fun - is that dirt bikes? And I follow MotoGP obsessively.
    also - what does it feel like to be diagnosed fairly late, at 52?

• hello :-) 'two wheeled tractors' - haha. Ah, yes, I have heard elsewhere that riding is great therapy - an escape - literally. I don't know much about enduro or motocross, tho motocross looks like lots of fun - is that dirt bikes? And I follow MotoGP obsessively.
    also - what does it feel like to be diagnosed fairly late, at 52?

Children
  • I'm more into actual 2WD and FWD tractors. But it reminded me that I used to live near the UK Laverda sole importer years ago. Well, I certainly knew that there was also a Italian tractor manufacturer called Laverda, but I discovered the Laverda family got into crotch rockets after having previously made combine harvesters. And sure enough, the UK importer was also in a rather rural location and, probably also some farmer's son's sideline. They fixed my lowly Suzuki 90, so I can't complain.

I have to admit that I am currently not the greatest fan of MCs due to the fact that local playboys use our street as a racing circuit, and it's too loud for late night comfort. But what i would really like to do right now is get a well-made electric motorbike or trike , and prove to the local ejitts that quiet usually gets there quicker and safer.

• a diagnosis does feel like an epiphany, doesn't it. I'm sorry about your ptsd. It's good to hear that you're doing therapy, i hope it's useful for you. Like you say, now you don't have to wear a mask any more. Writing can be great, I find it helps a lot, in my experience :)

• luisarey,as far as the late diagnosis goes it was my unproffesional opinion finally proffesionally confirmed if you like. a sort of epiphany,a reason to feel i could lower the mask a little more when im out now,and to be a bit more mindfull about myself and the situations i used to put myself in,that i now dont have to conform to so much anymore.dirt bikes yes.i have complex ptsd as well from too much trauma in my life,so im dealing with that at the moment through therapy at the priory.i wish i could have been diagnosed earlier as all the traits were there but in that time it wasnt recognised,i started writing a book 30yrs ago and i pretty much gave myself away in what i was writing about! my view on life.