Paraphilias and sexuality in Autism

Is it more common for people with Autism to get 'turned on' in an unconventional way, namely through fetishes and paraphilias?

For example, getting 'turned on' by a certain perfume associated with a particular person and becoming obsessed with that perfume, obsessions with parts of the body as opposed to the whole body, 'turned on' by underwear or taboos. I have a number of these myself, getting pleasure in an unconventional way, which I never talk about to people I know because I am aware that it is not 'normal'.  I have been aroused by these things since I was about 8 years old.

Parents
  • sexual disorder as recurrent and intense sexual fantasies, urges, or sexual behaviors over a period of at least 6 months, causing clinically significant distress, and that are not due to other substances or medical conditions; also, the individual has to be at least 18 years of age.

My Lowes Life

• sexual disorder as recurrent and intense sexual fantasies, urges, or sexual behaviors over a period of at least 6 months, causing clinically significant distress, and that are not due to other substances or medical conditions; also, the individual has to be at least 18 years of age.

My Lowes Life

Children
No Data