Wrong Planet

Before I got my diagnosis, I used to think that I was just a human being who didn't fully understand how to be a human being - because every other human being (aside from my parents) seemed to reject me.

Now, post-diagnosis, I no longer feel that way.

Instead, I feel like an alien, inhabiting the wrong planet.

Whatever I do, I can't change that feeling.

I used to feel that my diagnosis gave me some form of validation.  I was a human being with a difference.

Now, I just feel that it consolidates my status as an alien.

I'm on the wrong planet. 

Parents
  • I can relate to Bookworm, Martian Tom and neekby saying about going to clubs purely for the music and beat, and not for pick-ups, as I used to do the same when I was younger.

I'm a Northern Soul fan, and it's been said before about this genre that most of the people who went to the original Northern Soul clubs did so purely to dance, and not to 'pick-up', in fact the latter would be seen as almost disrespectful to the other clubbers - everyone was just there to dance.  It would seem to be a very easy place to understand for an Aspie!  I didn't go to those clubs as I was too young, and not independent enough to be able to find my way across the country to visit the clubs.

Getting lost in the music definitely feels like being on your own planet I think!

• I can relate to Bookworm, Martian Tom and neekby saying about going to clubs purely for the music and beat, and not for pick-ups, as I used to do the same when I was younger.

I'm a Northern Soul fan, and it's been said before about this genre that most of the people who went to the original Northern Soul clubs did so purely to dance, and not to 'pick-up', in fact the latter would be seen as almost disrespectful to the other clubbers - everyone was just there to dance.  It would seem to be a very easy place to understand for an Aspie!  I didn't go to those clubs as I was too young, and not independent enough to be able to find my way across the country to visit the clubs.

Getting lost in the music definitely feels like being on your own planet I think!

Children
No Data