Parents
  • I start getting twitching, and obsess over things, and get an urge to move.  For years when ive started feeling frustrated or trapped I’ve just left that moment, walked off and gone and done my own thing.  Sensory overload causes it, peoples judgment and a feeling of being trapped without control of a situation I guess.

Does anyone else suffer with just constantly falling asleep? I can get very twitchy and so uncomfortable that I would just walk and walk and walk for hours, or totally shut down.  It’s not a nice falling asleep for a little nap, it’s a total shutdown of everything?

• That totally rings true for me...I have walked out so many time...from jobs, parties you name it. I have learnt to resist the urge now (I'm 51!!) but it has caused no end of problems in the past! I agree with the judgement...or if I feel out of control of a situation...I walked out of a primary school when I was teacher training. The biggest regret of my life! What amazes me is  that people have (apart from the primary school) been very understanding in the past. I guess I am a diligent worker when I am there!! I have never been diagnosed as Autistic, but my son has Asperger's and when I read up on it, I suddenly realised why I had always found life, and making/ keeping friends so difficult!! I have learnt to say when I need help or am upset about something now, which has helped a lot...Citalopram helps a lot too!!

• I’m so glad it’s not just me!  Over the last few years I’ve noticed more and more no one else seems to run into constant problems like I do.  I was always in trouble at school, college, and now work, and get so so frustrated and overwhelmed by things but have never understood that’s what’s been going on.  I’m determined to stay in my current job!  I feel like if I walked out permanently, like you I would really regret it.

• I’m so glad it’s not just me!  Over the last few years I’ve noticed more and more no one else seems to run into constant problems like I do.  I was always in trouble at school, college, and now work, and get so so frustrated and overwhelmed by things but have never understood that’s what’s been going on.  I’m determined to stay in my current job!  I feel like if I walked out permanently, like you I would really regret it.

Children
No Data