NTs and how they are re your interests?

I have what is ,I believe, a heightened interest in doing online tests (IQ and other). Several times NTs have called me out on it. Admittedly I post quite a lot about the results, but as far as I can see I'm not harming anyone though I might be boring them. Often such remarks from NTs smack of disapproval , ie 'How could you be so obsessed with that?' , though I believe my interest is at the milder end of the scale compared to the interests of some here.

Parents
  • Bored to death - simply put. 

All they’re interested in is petty, chit chat, burble, banter, brouhaha, Babel, criticism, double talk, small talk..... Anything intersecting? Only if you’re into adult Barbie & Ken - Barbie & Ken are basically the NT world as grown up. 

Oh - I think some NTs like that Made In Chelsea too :) 

• I completely disagree and i dont like this "us and them" mentality. Maybe im just lucky to know some interesting "neurotypical" people. I was obsessed with Love Island last year. Does that make me "neurotypical?  Absolutely not. It was something completely different for me which is probably why i was so obsessed. No one else i knew was watching it. 

• Hey - you should ask the guy who just posted about suiced in another thread whether its an Us and Them culture... 

Nowt personal by the way - i dont even know you. You are just a few sentneces on my mac screen. :D

• Science itself is an autistic creation. Or Autism itself is science try to talk to normal folk. 

I have always known this and its the one tging that makes me autistic. Seeing the true nature of the universe and how it works. Not why it works but how. 

I can see both ways - The Maya (society, nature, the system, cars, culture, people etc) or the other side. 

The real reality that is hidden beneath words. If you go non verbal - its there right in fron of and behind us. 

It look like - Whatever i choose. :)

Of course those episodes as a child were scary as hell. Like hell on earth - seeing whats behind the veil of maya

• Pretty much - The Big TOE

The Thoery Of Everything.

Starting when I first ever looked up and noticed the stars in the night sky. Like yesterday I remember, I was about 4-5. Then at 9 we did astronomy project at school - That is when I saw the inner workings for the first time, in a Newtonian sense, or like what i reffer to as The Fishtank Universe. The FTU is how people see reality today. Even top scientists still think space is like the empty parts of a fishtank. Or they think it is like a snooker table where one ball hits the other - cause and effect. 

We now know that tht is wrong. Some do anyway. 

I undertstand nowadays why Im into that stuff and how it has built this illusion of space and time - Maya

• Pretty much - The Big TOE

The Thoery Of Everything.

Starting when I first ever looked up and noticed the stars in the night sky. Like yesterday I remember, I was about 4-5. Then at 9 we did astronomy project at school - That is when I saw the inner workings for the first time, in a Newtonian sense, or like what i reffer to as The Fishtank Universe. The FTU is how people see reality today. Even top scientists still think space is like the empty parts of a fishtank. Or they think it is like a snooker table where one ball hits the other - cause and effect. 

We now know that tht is wrong. Some do anyway. 

I undertstand nowadays why Im into that stuff and how it has built this illusion of space and time - Maya

Children
No Data