Had the 3rd appointment

It was difficult remembering whether I had the various traits in early childhood . My stepdaughter inputted with things she'd noted that I had just seen as being 'Well that's just me! . For example rocking and tapping my feet .  Due to the lack of childhood info the assessor has made me an appointment to do the ADOS. She will go over the information already provided and may or may not make a decision based on that. In which case I won't need to do the ADOS

She also said that signs of dyspraxia and the negative symptoms of schizophrenia clouded things to some degree .

• A thing that was mentioned was invading personal space . I think she was saying I do it. I'm a bit confused by that as we were all sitting in chairs that were close together anyway. I can't see how I could have invaded personal space in that situation. That is not to say that I am good at judging what's an acceptable personal space.

• A reply to a post I made on the Reddit Asperger's forum -

Signs of childhood Dyspaxia coupled with Adult Social Issues (ie. the negative symptoms of schizophrenia) are pretty good indicators for ASD. It's evidence of life-long developmental issues, so if she's thinking like that the historical case is there even if she can't see it yet.
  • I am in a similar situation to you albeit with only friends, work colleagues and neighbours to help me understand things.  Reading up on it then it is clear that there are similarities to various different mental conditions.  I have an underlying high probability Autism Score plus Anxiety Disorder but is the latter because of the former not being recognised/diagnosed until now?

Several friends/neighbours actually work/live with Neuro Diverse people so can identify the traits in me.

I link some memories of things to being focussed (ignoring outside noise and time), stubbornness/Single Minded, etc as well as recognising what I have inherited from my parents.  There is also clearly common markers/traits across both sides of my maternal/paternal family (links back to Great, Great Grandfather and both wives=sisters to one relative) that I can now see.

It is a journey and, as with life, we are learning all the time and, with the right people around up that take us as we are.  These people help up process how we are and compare traits within our separate areas to clarify commonality/differences.

• With ASD and negative symptoms of schizophrenia-

With regard to symptom overlap between ASD and schizophrenia, the negative symptoms of schizophrenia, such as affective flattening, alogia, avolition, apathy, anhedonia, and poor communication, are observed as components of social interaction impairments in individuals with ASD, more particularly among those with high functioning ASD (previously referred to as Asperger’s syndrome).[3](https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5906088/#B3

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/.../

• I feel  a bit anxious about it.   Not sure how to take it.  On one hand it's not an outright 'No, you aren't' , but on the other it's not a definite 'yes'.  The mention of other things that may cloud the issue is a little worrying . I do wonder whether  if you have long standing mental health problems there's  a tendency for things to be wrongly attributed to that, and not seen as being due to ASD.

• How do you feel about all that or are you still processing?

I have given up my school reports from primary school but have no one to refer them too regarding childhood info apart from my own memory of school (not of child development as a baby elephant.

.... is it getting you down that its dragging on and another appointment has to happen??