Going around in circles

I have just accepted a new job. This will be my 7th new job in 5 years. I start out all energetic and raring to go, but in a few months I get bogged down, frustrated, tired, distraught. Then I think the only way to solve it is to start again. How to I break this circle? How do you stay in the same job over a long time? I realise that I'm making my own problems really because the act of starting a new job is so stressful in itself but I really want to make this new job work. I don't think I can cope if it all goes wrong again. 

Parents
  • My answer - don’t work for another’s idea or goal Ever. Unless you’re helping them. 

I havn’t work for anyone else for 15 years. Nothing money wise, beats making your own with your own idea and strategy. 

I simply cant work for people who are more concerned about - social rank, social convention, banter, framing effects of rubbish. 

Really NTs are not worth working for - they work Hard not Smart and they are virtually All miserable in thier jobs and usually they will lie to you and tell you they love spending thier life fuelling someone else’s ideas and plans. 

• My answer - don’t work for another’s idea or goal Ever. Unless you’re helping them. 

I havn’t work for anyone else for 15 years. Nothing money wise, beats making your own with your own idea and strategy. 

I simply cant work for people who are more concerned about - social rank, social convention, banter, framing effects of rubbish. 

Really NTs are not worth working for - they work Hard not Smart and they are virtually All miserable in thier jobs and usually they will lie to you and tell you they love spending thier life fuelling someone else’s ideas and plans. 

Children
  • Nothing money wise, beats making your own with your own idea and strategy. 

I would do it if I could, Wavey, and I've certainly tried.  But I haven't been able to make a go of it.

You seem to be saying that once you have made up your mind that you cannot work full time, and you also cannot work with people who are more concerned about social rank, social convention, banter, etc., then making your own money from your own idea and strategy will somehow just fall into place because it is the only option.

Why is it, then, that so many autistic people, who might have huge capabilities and talents, make little or no income from work?  Are they simply not smart enough?

Sorry... I don't quite follow your reasoning on this.  Forgive me if I'm misunderstanding it somehow.

I find my work exhausting, but mainly because of what you might call the 'social factor' of having to deal with colleagues.  On the other hand, it is immensely rewarding work.  Like I said, once the 'service users' arrive (I prefer to think of them as 'my people'), I'm in their world for the day, so my interaction with colleagues is minimised.  In many senses, they become less important.  Which isn't to say I dislike them in any way.  They're generally great people, who are there to do a difficult and badly-paid job - largely because they genuinely care for the vulnerable.  I still find them more tiring to be around, though, because I never seem to quite 'mesh' with the things they like to talk about.  I don't pick up their social cues.  I can see and hear them communicating, but I still can't figure out exactly what's going on in how they do it.  This has always been the case, though.  Many of the service users are either blind or partially-sighted, or have limited hearing or speech, or have autism and learning disabilities, so I find communication with them to be so much easier to handle.