Work yet again

I have just got home from work, I had my letter confirming my capability hearing. It’s on Friday morning.

I almost had a meltdown in front of my supervisor, just managed to keep my myself together. 

I was expecting it but I couldn’t process it, I even took some time away from my desk. 

Parents
  • I had my occupational health appointment this morning. They’re going to advise that I need a buddy to help me, a move of desk with a fan ( heat is a trigger) and extra breaks if needed.

They couldn’t deal with the autism issues as I’m not diagnosed yet, but a new referral will be needed. 

• This sounds positive although you probably understand some traits and triggers.

As my company policy identifies that the person with the condition may have the best knowledge.

With me, for years, ambiguity/contradiction is the bane of my life coupled with taking a lot literally (do it if you can, don't do it, it is up to you to decide). Nobody puts things in writing and I'm not fully diagnosed.  I know what I am good at and what I struggle with. 

Perhaps but if you also have a chat with any diversity/mental health champions in work may help

• This sounds positive although you probably understand some traits and triggers.

As my company policy identifies that the person with the condition may have the best knowledge.

With me, for years, ambiguity/contradiction is the bane of my life coupled with taking a lot literally (do it if you can, don't do it, it is up to you to decide). Nobody puts things in writing and I'm not fully diagnosed.  I know what I am good at and what I struggle with. 

Perhaps but if you also have a chat with any diversity/mental health champions in work may help

Children
No Data