Adult Housing

Hello, 

I wonder if anyone else has experience in finding suitable housing for autistic adults? I live alone in a property on a busy road next to a pub so you can imagine what life is like for me given that I suffer with noise and coping with this is a struggle. I long for a more private and quiet place to live but finding this is hard as people struggle to understand my needs. I am fully aware that we have a housing crisis and am happy to have a roof over my head but long term, it is bad for my health and peace of mind. I would love a shipping container in the countryside but doubt this will be allowed. In short, I just wish to be safe and secure and to be allowed to be me. That is quiet and happy to be absorbed in a book or working on my 1976 Land Rover or watching Ice Pilots NWT with out being disturbed by screaming and shouting from the street. Could the NAS campaign on housing I wonder?

Parents
  • Hello,

thank you for all the responses. My home belongs to a charity and is only temporary so I would not be allowed to soundproof. I do use ear plugs when the noise gets too much but would much prefer to live in the quiet of the Staffordshire Moorlands as I found this to be relaxing and soothing. I recently stayed in a BB near to my old home and the quiet atmosphere was sheer bliss and allowed me to relax and feel safe. I will continue to look for more suitable housing.

• Hello,

thank you for all the responses. My home belongs to a charity and is only temporary so I would not be allowed to soundproof. I do use ear plugs when the noise gets too much but would much prefer to live in the quiet of the Staffordshire Moorlands as I found this to be relaxing and soothing. I recently stayed in a BB near to my old home and the quiet atmosphere was sheer bliss and allowed me to relax and feel safe. I will continue to look for more suitable housing.

Children
No Data