Female with autism feels masculine rather than feminine

I am a female with autism. Something that I have felt most of my life is that I feel more masculine than feminine in my inner self however outwardly I definitely look feminine such as makeup and I do my hair etc but inwardly I feel and see myself as more of a male. Has anyone experienced this? 

Parents
  • Just be who you are.  It's their problem if they have an issue with it. 

Gender is as much it's own spectrum as is autism and society and media both have a lot of maturing to do to understand and accept it. 

Time was when girls could be tomboys and nothing more was made of it, I was in the tomboy era and wasn't challenged about gender. 

School taught us about being good housewives and mothers - too Stepford Wives!  I wanted to be an astronaut. 

Sloppy-Jo t-shirts/jumpers, leggings/yoga pants/knee length fitted skirt & Doc Martens, plain, no frills, no fuss. 
    Soft, comfy, protection from the elements. 

I hate the feel of make up suffocating my skin, it is putting a lie on your face, an NT masking device to be someone you want to portray to the world. 

I've always been more comfortable in male workplaces, guys are more straightforward.

I'm a straight, non-conformist, anti-stereotyping rebelliously tomboy female, So What?!  Live with it society! 

• Just be who you are.  It's their problem if they have an issue with it. 

Gender is as much it's own spectrum as is autism and society and media both have a lot of maturing to do to understand and accept it. 

Time was when girls could be tomboys and nothing more was made of it, I was in the tomboy era and wasn't challenged about gender. 

School taught us about being good housewives and mothers - too Stepford Wives!  I wanted to be an astronaut. 

Sloppy-Jo t-shirts/jumpers, leggings/yoga pants/knee length fitted skirt & Doc Martens, plain, no frills, no fuss. 
    Soft, comfy, protection from the elements. 

I hate the feel of make up suffocating my skin, it is putting a lie on your face, an NT masking device to be someone you want to portray to the world. 

I've always been more comfortable in male workplaces, guys are more straightforward.

I'm a straight, non-conformist, anti-stereotyping rebelliously tomboy female, So What?!  Live with it society! 

Children
No Data