Advice for N.T's

I have to deal with someone who isn't mental health aware and although i have told her im Autistic i don't think she really grasps what that means as she often changes appointment times or turns up at my home un announced and brings different people with her and creates situations that really stress me out and what im looking for is a free booklet or information pack which explains to N.T's how to deal with autistic adults so as to not causes stress etc any help would be appreciated i have looked online but i don't have a printer so im looking for free info type pack i can request to be posted to me please

thanks in anticipation

Parents
  • I think the main issue is everyone is different, so a generic "fits all" info pack can be more damaging. Have you considered typing something out to print off that's individual to you? Then you can hand it to her - include the effects of not following the guidelines you have set out for yourself.

• yeah at a push but im looking for something more official with general topics covered ie routines light noise sensitivity touching,  new strangers personal space etc

• The NAS has a template for an 'autism passport' which covers lots of relevant issues - my psychologist sent this to me but suggested I might like to produce my own version, which I did. I have sent it to my psychologist to review so I can say it has been approved by her if people at work don't take it seriously. 

• The NAS has a template for an 'autism passport' which covers lots of relevant issues - my psychologist sent this to me but suggested I might like to produce my own version, which I did. I have sent it to my psychologist to review so I can say it has been approved by her if people at work don't take it seriously. 

Children