Successful Discrimination Tribunal hearing

My employer was trying to deny my aspergers is a disability in an employment tribunal. The tribunal dismissed this argument and my employer now accepts that this is a disability.

They are now keen to settle.

Its not over yet but it just goes to show that even if an employer doesn't take aspergers seriously....an employment tribunal judge will.

Parents
  • Well done for standing your ground and sticking up for your rights! So pleased the outcome has been positive - it's tough to take on an employer like this especially when you have to represent yourself. A former colleague of mine has a full Employment Tribunal hearing scheduled later this year, having been discriminated against as an autistic person. Let's hope employers start to take their responsibilities seriously. 

• Well done for standing your ground and sticking up for your rights! So pleased the outcome has been positive - it's tough to take on an employer like this especially when you have to represent yourself. A former colleague of mine has a full Employment Tribunal hearing scheduled later this year, having been discriminated against as an autistic person. Let's hope employers start to take their responsibilities seriously. 

Children
  • I think more of these cases need to have a full hearing to give these cases the publicity that they need. I think then you would start to see real change.

A bit of understanding and tolerance is needed by employers. This isn't asking for the earth.