Struggle to sleep

I average about 3 hours sleep a night. The main blockage appears to be my inability to switch off.  Tried: listening to music, watching telly, doing nothing for a couple of hours before bed, tried doing loads of exercise, I have been prescribed amitriptrline by the GP 2 years ago, nothing it has helped me at all.

Does anybody else struggle this way and does anybody have any ideas to help.

Parents
  • Have you tried melatonin gummies? They just help your mind switch off they work for some people. 

My daughter only sleeps for about 3- 5 hours a night and not all at once she went through a stage not long ago where she wasn't even getting that it was making her Ill after begging the gp and her nurse for help and getting nowhere I took the advice of another parent at a support group and tried them. She slept all night and did not get the horrible nightmares that she normally suffers. We used them for a week and it was the best she had slept in her life! We took her off them as obviously it is not a prescription so I worry about long term use but she has now settled on 7 hours which is fine. When she slips again we will definitely use them again 

• Have you tried melatonin gummies? They just help your mind switch off they work for some people. 

My daughter only sleeps for about 3- 5 hours a night and not all at once she went through a stage not long ago where she wasn't even getting that it was making her Ill after begging the gp and her nurse for help and getting nowhere I took the advice of another parent at a support group and tried them. She slept all night and did not get the horrible nightmares that she normally suffers. We used them for a week and it was the best she had slept in her life! We took her off them as obviously it is not a prescription so I worry about long term use but she has now settled on 7 hours which is fine. When she slips again we will definitely use them again 

Children
No Data