Scared of my future/brexit.

• Just to say i talked to my parents and it is all under control. I will get back to you guys when its all sorted..............
    Hello I lived here for about 30 odd years and i have been schooled here and never broken the law.
    I was born in south Africa in 1987 and moved to the uk, my mum and dad are Belgium and we moved from Africa due to my dads job. I myself never really worked and I claimed jobseekers and dla at around 2012. 
    I was to have a paper claiming if i wanted to keep my Belgium passport but I never had it and my passport was revoked. 
    Only started saving recently to become British as to stay in the country. I am getting my papers sorted and then i can get a British passport but im scared if they say i cant become british and then deport me as i never really worked here.
    Everyone tells me not to worry but i just dont feel safe. I understand why people voted for brexit but i dont want to move as i will live in poverty and wont be safe in Africa. I have nothing there.
    My mum and dad worked in the uk for most my life and they are applying for British passport and what not. 
    I am not very good at saving and I have asked if I could have a loan on moneysavingexpert.com but they were pretty rude.
    I feel so bad im not sure if I deserve this at all, am a bad person? Will i get kicked out?
    Could you give me any advice?
    I did try to contact NAS but it said it was blocked not sure why as i have not used that email in years
    Kind regards.
Parents
  • As you sound a nice person, Your Parents will not be deported when the UK leaves the E.U. You say they have E.U. Nationality, and have Belgium passports, OUR government has said E.U. Nationals  already here will not be deported. Why don't you have a Belgium Passport?

Only your Parents Know their Marriage status  whether only one is a Belgium National or both. This is why I say it will be important for your British Parents to adopt you..  

If you have other problems.

If it is possible Your Parents may adopt you  this will cement your Nationality to that of your Parents. for inheritance purposes should one or both die. 

Obviously in todays world You can establish your parentage with Certified DNA. CAB may advise you. 

Go to your old school and get certified copies of any attendance at school.copies, get your parents to did out any school photos and your school reports.  

Get copies of your Birth birth records, if it was in a hospital ask your mother, for what ever records she has.  Did you ever attend a Church or other place of worship here again they may have records, if you are Christian, many babies are Christned again ask your parents.

You need records of you living in the UK.. Ask your parents of how they entered the UK and do they have any evidence , such as a record of you being a child on entry. 

Do you have any doctors records You must have had some reason to claim DLA That would have required an examination.

Definitely you should Visit Citizens Advice Bureau.. and what ever else you do. Don't go abroad for a holiday, you might not get back into the UK.

You say you have not worked and  claimed DLA in 2012, why has this not continued. You should have claimed whatever because you would have got a credit for National Insurance, You will be asked how did you manage to live with no income. 

Having no savings means you may get legal aid to help you. Ask the CAB That should be your first task.

Human rights - Citizens Advice www.citizensadvice.org.uk/.../

Human rights are the basic rights and freedoms that belong to every person in the world. The European Convention on Human Rights protects the human rights ..

Be honest with the CAB. That is the best I can do Good luck.
  • As you sound a nice person, Your Parents will not be deported when the UK leaves the E.U. You say they have E.U. Nationality, and have Belgium passports, OUR government has said E.U. Nationals  already here will not be deported. Why don't you have a Belgium Passport?

Only your Parents Know their Marriage status  whether only one is a Belgium National or both. This is why I say it will be important for your British Parents to adopt you..  

If you have other problems.

If it is possible Your Parents may adopt you  this will cement your Nationality to that of your Parents. for inheritance purposes should one or both die. 

Obviously in todays world You can establish your parentage with Certified DNA. CAB may advise you. 

Go to your old school and get certified copies of any attendance at school.copies, get your parents to did out any school photos and your school reports.  

Get copies of your Birth birth records, if it was in a hospital ask your mother, for what ever records she has.  Did you ever attend a Church or other place of worship here again they may have records, if you are Christian, many babies are Christned again ask your parents.

You need records of you living in the UK.. Ask your parents of how they entered the UK and do they have any evidence , such as a record of you being a child on entry. 

Do you have any doctors records You must have had some reason to claim DLA That would have required an examination.

Definitely you should Visit Citizens Advice Bureau.. and what ever else you do. Don't go abroad for a holiday, you might not get back into the UK.

You say you have not worked and  claimed DLA in 2012, why has this not continued. You should have claimed whatever because you would have got a credit for National Insurance, You will be asked how did you manage to live with no income. 

Having no savings means you may get legal aid to help you. Ask the CAB That should be your first task.

Human rights - Citizens Advice www.citizensadvice.org.uk/.../

Human rights are the basic rights and freedoms that belong to every person in the world. The European Convention on Human Rights protects the human rights ..

Be honest with the CAB. That is the best I can do Good luck.
Children
  • They are both Belguim . They are related by blood and I have been asked to provide birth certificate which I have. Have never done a DNA test mind. I have given every paper that they asked for,  getting it sorted by a solicitor of some sort and he asked £2500. Whenever I asked the people that care for me why it's so expensive they say it's because it's such a complex case.

I have indeed been Christned but in Belguim. I am still claiming dla but it's going to be changed some other payment at any time and I  have a National Insurance number.

I worry as they have not said that I have a fighting chance or not. Nothing..