Fed up with researchers

Every now and then, a researcher, usually post-grad asks about information from us on the Spectrum.  There used to be rules that you couldn’t ask for this on this forum, YET IT GOES ON STILL.

In post grad work there are many ethical considerations.  This flirts with the line. 

I appreciate the sentiment but the ends do not justify the means.

Parents
  • It appears to me that sometimes we are thought of as some objects of curiosity, like Bearded Lady at the fair.

And although I know that some research has objectives that may be useful, this forum is not the place for it. 

If you see someone who is doing 'research' or wanting volunteers to see what reaction an autistic person has if pins are stuck in their flesh, just 'Report as Abusive' on the 'More' button on the post. 

And let the moderators deal with it without affording the poster a reply.  Research is not allowed on the forum.

• It appears to me that sometimes we are thought of as some objects of curiosity, like Bearded Lady at the fair.

And although I know that some research has objectives that may be useful, this forum is not the place for it. 

If you see someone who is doing 'research' or wanting volunteers to see what reaction an autistic person has if pins are stuck in their flesh, just 'Report as Abusive' on the 'More' button on the post. 

And let the moderators deal with it without affording the poster a reply.  Research is not allowed on the forum.

Children