Virtual Jukebox

Today I've been relaxing by playing music I listened to in the past (my youth!)

Here's one such song (Supertramp: Logical Song) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ukKQw578Lm8

Do reply with a song you liked listening to... we can turn this thread into a virtual jukebox! 

Parents
  • Hey Dude by Kula Shaker. In fact anything off their first album takes me back. I got all their singles from Vinyl Exchange and had every book going and a massive poster. I even wrote into The Void on teletext to ask for anyone who had VHS copies of their TV appearances

• Nice one! I'd forgotten about Kula Shaker - love the chorus of Hey Dude https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KDHd-vxcMDo

I've been singing along (dog is looking perplexed - she hasn't heard me singing before). 

Impressed with your dedication as a Kula Shaker fan. Did you manage to get VHS copies of their TV appearances? 

• Im wonderin if they might have been a special interest but then didnt all 12 year old girls love a boyband? Altho kula shaker were definitely not a boyband! I seem to remember i was much more into music than my peers.

I got loads of VHS'! people would record totp and vh1 etc of loads of bands then put them onto compilations and flog them. It was like an addiction cos they were never really on telly and i just needed to see Crispian Mills in action!

• Im wonderin if they might have been a special interest but then didnt all 12 year old girls love a boyband? Altho kula shaker were definitely not a boyband! I seem to remember i was much more into music than my peers.

I got loads of VHS'! people would record totp and vh1 etc of loads of bands then put them onto compilations and flog them. It was like an addiction cos they were never really on telly and i just needed to see Crispian Mills in action!

Children
  • Sadly for me when i was 12 years old the 'boy band' was The Osmonds who I couldn't really get excited about... I did like David Essex though! 

How I used to love making audio compilations on my little Phillips tape recorder. Never even thought of making video compilations on VHS - wish I had! 

Kula Shaker is such a brilliant name - does it mean something or is it just random?