Can anyone clarify

hi so yesterday i had my ASD assessment i had to fill in a couple of questionnaires ie how does this affect you Alot a bit not at all etc then the guy (who was really nice) asked me some more questions ( i can't recall what he asked i seem to be having a problem with my memory lately ) anyway at the end nearly an hour had passed yet it didn't feel like that he said normally its quite a long waiting time till you get to the diagnosis part but in your case im recommending we see you as soon as possible im classing it as an emergency

im a bit worried now as to why im an emergency has anyone else had this happen to them what could be an emergency about me im in panic mode now

Parents
  • I'd assume it's nothing more sinister than they think it would be beneficial to fast track you as opposed to some of the other people they have pre-screened already.  Maybe it was just a poor choice of words.  I'd expect if there was an "emergency emergency" you'd already have some idea it was happening!

• thanks i was just wondering what was up ive read many accounts on here of people waiting such a long time and was expecting the same but it got me panicking that he saw something i hadn't been aware of

• My partner and I live in Berkshire.  We're quite lucky that there's an adult NHS diagnosis service in this area but I guess we had to wait about 18 months to 2 years from when we were referred by our GP to when we finally had our assessments.  I think it can vary dramatically from "there's basically no NHS provision" upwards depending on where you live.

If they're happy to see you sooner rather than later I wouldn't be too unhappy with that :-).

• im actually looking forward to a diagnosis it would explain so many things that have never made sense to me i like so many others that ive read on have always felt like a square peg forced into a round hole

im not sure what if anything will change if im diagnosed aspie or autistic but ive always liked labelling things so i can point to that when things don't work out the way i expect them to

• im actually looking forward to a diagnosis it would explain so many things that have never made sense to me i like so many others that ive read on have always felt like a square peg forced into a round hole

im not sure what if anything will change if im diagnosed aspie or autistic but ive always liked labelling things so i can point to that when things don't work out the way i expect them to

Children
No Data