Being humiliated/bullied/shamed by partners step-son

I decided it's best I deleted my post

• Hi. I totally empathize with you. What a terrible situation! Now to my opinion. Your partner is no good. I know it's hard and we people on the spectrum often have a hard time finding the right one. What makes it worse is that we rely so much on routines and habits and that's 90% of what a partnership is made of. Unfortunately, your partner does not take you seriously, neither does she defend you, even though she should in the first place because she chose you and also because she knows you have a disability.

Now my question would be: does your partner profit from your relationship? What would you say makes her valuable for you? what, in turns, makes you valuable for her? Compare without prejudice! You are worth more than what you describe as your partnership. Hope it helps!

• Hello, and welcome to the forums.

I'm so sorry to hear about how your step-son has been mocking you and the strain it's put on you and your relationship. I'm concerned to hear you mention thoughts of suicide. Do you know you can email Samaritans as well as talk on the phone? jo@samaritans.org The  here may have things to add.

I can see you have reasons for your worries, but they may be magnified because that's what happens when you're depressed, as the theory of CBT points out. Do you have any professional support? Have you been to your GP recently?

We all have weaknesses. Not talking much is not necessarily a weakness, although it may make it harder for you to be assertive. You're a worthwhile person. You're also not wrong to claim PIP: hearing all the problems people here have claiming it, it's clear you wouldn't get it unless you need it. I hope you manage to find some moments of relaxation today.

Do please feel free to look around and join in other conversations on the forum too.