Could I possible be.......

Hello everyone. As I have recently turned 40, my worldly view is changing and I've started to become more inward-thinking, for want of a better term. You see, my Wife's best friend's little boy has recently been diagnosed with Autism and me and him have never really 'clicked' even though a lot of his traits (some of which I'll list below) are ones that I've suffered with all my life. This got me to thinking.........could I be on the autistic scale, as well? After watching the program that was aired about Chris Packham and his life dealing with Asperger's, it raised a few questions, also.   

After many conversations with GPs about feeling different and just being given antidepressants, which do nothing, I've taken a few online tests, but I thought I'd ask on here, before I dare to go back to the doctors again. Many thanks for any help. 

Here's a list of odd personalty traits that I have - was just wondering if there could be anything to them. 

Never get elated about anything
Lose things constantly
Start off understanding a task, then get confused easily.
Awful  rages
Can't handle pressure
Scared of large objects - planes, tractors, lorries, even bridges
Terrible depression - to the point of suicidal thoughts. Noticed my blinking changes as well and devolved a tick when really depressed. The depression can last for days, then just end instantly
Scared of heights
Awful train of thought (people call me magpie at work, due to being easily swayed by 'shiny' things)
Brain fog
Scared of change (same partner and job for 20 years)
Unbearable anxiety - several different meds have done nothing to quell the constant 'ache' in my head and stomach. Always worrying about the smallest things - if I'm driving a car, will I get a puncture etc.

Could happily sit on my own for days on end, with no company. 

Could spend several hours watching a TV, or on a PC. Couldn't stand to be in someone's company for that amount of time, though.  

Self sabotaging behaviour
Able to remember number plates, but can't remember phone numbers
Can't spell any words with several letters that are the same in them. And get the sequence of words wrong all the time.
Scared of intimate objects in the dark (saw a post on here about it - unsure if it's a trait, but at least I'm not the only one!)
Can't stand noise
Noticed people looking over their shoulders all the time when I speak to them, as I Iook pass people
Get fixated on something for a while (song, film, phrase) then get bored in an instant.
Have no brain mouth filter (I'd tell a stranger my darkest problems, and say things that are not for public consumption)
Sweat constantly - have done since a teenager
Self harm (punching, whipping)
Have a gait problem (limp on my LHS - Have had since my teens)
Hold on to things for far too long

Not understating the context of something correctly in conversations or written words etc
Zoning out in conversations, and very poor memory

Talking over people all the time
Compulsive personalty. Food, OTC drugs, gambling
Obsessing over things to the point of madness
Easily distracted in conversations (which no doubt comes across as rude)
Compiler of lists, but never use them (see above!)
Perfectionist
Have to be told things several times over, for the penny to drop. Can't follow written instructions well, but can visual. Have a problem with skim reading (was diagnosed at the age of six) retain very little of what I've learnt
My wife has often told me that people don't understand my sense of humour - and she has said it can be very mickey-taking, spiteful, but I don't see it. 
Very analytical
Talk to myself constantly
Make up things in my head that never happened to fuel my rage, or revisit thing over and over
Some days it feels like I'm relearning tasks I should already know
Very, very clumsy
Struggle to get sentences out at times
Can't figure out knots, or tie my shoe laces. Or anything intricate
Grind my teeth in my sleep
Have no real compassion for others - I act interested, but find things like that a hindrance. Not even my Son.

Parents
  • consumption

I’ve been diagnosed about 3 years ago now I’m 47 ive had it bad this weekend of 15 &16 I’m having a massive meltdown.Didnt know what to do with myself I went wandering outside at 9pm to get some fresh air but didn’t work,I really wanted to smash my place up but didn’t,I get so angry for no reason lost total interest in everything went to bed to sleep it off usually works but I still feel the same on Sunday.Doing the things I usually enjoy listening to plays by Big Finish Productions they are awesome they keep me relaxed and steady 

• consumption

I’ve been diagnosed about 3 years ago now I’m 47 ive had it bad this weekend of 15 &16 I’m having a massive meltdown.Didnt know what to do with myself I went wandering outside at 9pm to get some fresh air but didn’t work,I really wanted to smash my place up but didn’t,I get so angry for no reason lost total interest in everything went to bed to sleep it off usually works but I still feel the same on Sunday.Doing the things I usually enjoy listening to plays by Big Finish Productions they are awesome they keep me relaxed and steady 

Children
  • Hi everyone. Sorry for the delay in replying - it's taken a long time to pluck up the courage to see a GP.........and, I wish I hadn't bothered! 

I went in full of hope, with all of the information that I had been given here and the scores from the online tests - the GP just thumbed through them and gave me an assessment form for ADHD (WTF!) and then said fill it in and he'd pass it on, but as mental health is a bit limited for older patients he's unsure of if it would help.

I'm on the floor here. Ever since I told my Wife about what I was feeling, she's used it as a stick to beat me with and now this. Just at a loss.