Do I tell people

so today I was diagnosed with mild autism and mild aspergers, I wanted to ask should I tell everyone?

Parents
  • Not all families will accept it, many many reasons, only you can judge wether they will accept it or be dismissive.

I am happy you got your disgnosis.. please search on here, we are all individuals and each have many variables to add to our life experiences.

As for work, you don’t need to unless you feel you need support in some form or another.

Basically you don’t need to tell anyone, it’s purely a personal choice.

Some will accept you for who you are, sadly some won’t understand and possibly say i

unkind things without even realising they cause upset.

Others namely work colleagues may just use it to form an ill judged idea of who you are, 

I wish you well and hope whatever you do it works out ok for you.

I am not formerly diagnosed but still I tell “some” people I meet I am autistic,,,those I feel may be non judgemental and allow me to be myself.

Yes I have judged that wrongly but the majority have been ok. I have had to explain what it means to me, sadly one or two who think they know what autism is assume I am either non verbal and sit around flapping my hands or brain of Britain.

I do try to educate them. Anf

d often succeed, 

take care and be kind to yourself.

• Not all families will accept it, many many reasons, only you can judge wether they will accept it or be dismissive.

I am happy you got your disgnosis.. please search on here, we are all individuals and each have many variables to add to our life experiences.

As for work, you don’t need to unless you feel you need support in some form or another.

Basically you don’t need to tell anyone, it’s purely a personal choice.

Some will accept you for who you are, sadly some won’t understand and possibly say i

unkind things without even realising they cause upset.

Others namely work colleagues may just use it to form an ill judged idea of who you are, 

I wish you well and hope whatever you do it works out ok for you.

I am not formerly diagnosed but still I tell “some” people I meet I am autistic,,,those I feel may be non judgemental and allow me to be myself.

Yes I have judged that wrongly but the majority have been ok. I have had to explain what it means to me, sadly one or two who think they know what autism is assume I am either non verbal and sit around flapping my hands or brain of Britain.

I do try to educate them. Anf

d often succeed, 

take care and be kind to yourself.

Children
No Data