New diagnosis

Today I have been diagnosed as having autism and aspergers and am looking for people to talk too

Parents
  • Hi me again lol, is it also normal to start noticing urself doing “autistic” things that u haven’t noticed before ie if there’s something near me to fiddle with I’ll fiddle with it ie tv control, a bottle top or my headphones. Also that said fiddling is increased more when anxious which I find strange as I didn’t seem to be as severe before I got diagnosed. 

• I noticed the autistic side of me more once self-diagnosed, but could look back and see that , say the fidgiting, was something I'd always done. Once I had the formal diagnosis, I felt more relaxed about it all.

• I think that's definitely it for me. I've always called it "letting the crazy out", but I've realized it's actually ME allowing ME to be ME. So I like it, and I'm doing it more often rather than feeling I needed to hide it.

At yoga today (first class since being diagnosed a couple of months ago) I realised just how much I stim at yoga! Facial grimaces, little noises, waving my hands.....I've done it before, just never realised what or why. Now I know it's stimming that's great!

• Well I’m gonna be brave and tell everyone tomorrow, if some have issues with it and wanna distance themselves from me then I don’t need them in my life anyway. Hopefully after I will start letting mGrinbe me more then Grin

Reply Children
No Data