Meltdown advice please :(

Hi, I'm new, so apologies if I do anything wrong! 

I just wanted to hear the opinions and experiences of others. Recently I have had so many things that are out of my comfort zone going on, it's been so  overwhelming that I have been having a meltdown a day. I'm exhausted, and that is making it worse. Yesterday I was trying to cope with my neighbors being noisy by listening to music with headphones  (could still hear them though!) and I just snapped when my partner arrived home and obviously made more noise. I threw my phone as it was in my hand at the time, so that's destroyed now. I havent even finished paying for it. I was yelling and hitting myself, I feel like a terrible person and like I'm just ruining his life. He says it's fine, but I don't feel like it was fine at all, every day I'm freaking out and it must be awful. How have you guys got through times of stress without driving everyone around you mad? And how do you deal with meltdowns? I just want to feel calm again. 

Parents
  • Hi. Welcome. I’m only recently diagnosed, but worked out ages ago I was best living on my own, as nobody probably would put up with me! The downside to that is loneliness. Also I was sort of hiding my behaviour. Can’t really tell you how I cope with meltdowns, as that is now work in progress. I use medication at present for extreme days, but hope to gain more self control. One thing I have always done is shut myself in a small room eg. toilet or covered myself completely with bedclothes. That calms me. I might try just an eye mask next time, but I think I would miss the weight of the bedclothes. Water calms me too. That’s probably a personal quirk!  Hope you feel better about things soon. 

• Hi. Welcome. I’m only recently diagnosed, but worked out ages ago I was best living on my own, as nobody probably would put up with me! The downside to that is loneliness. Also I was sort of hiding my behaviour. Can’t really tell you how I cope with meltdowns, as that is now work in progress. I use medication at present for extreme days, but hope to gain more self control. One thing I have always done is shut myself in a small room eg. toilet or covered myself completely with bedclothes. That calms me. I might try just an eye mask next time, but I think I would miss the weight of the bedclothes. Water calms me too. That’s probably a personal quirk!  Hope you feel better about things soon. 

Children
No Data