Did anything good happen today? September 2018

Did something good happen today?

Please share it with us no matter how big or small it may be. 

Sometimes reading about your good things will help someone who is feeling bad and sometimes when you are feeling bad it might help to remember that a few days ago something good happened.

Parents
  • My day was pretty pedestrian and nothing outstanding.  Just a slow steady improvement in my mental health.

It was warm and humid. 

So I firstly did some housework.  I used some of the advice I learnt from my last job. I cleaned my kitchen and bathroom floors using dilute dettol.  This has a nice clean smell.  And the dettol I used was out of date.  So instead of throwing it out, I used it to clean floors.

Then I travelled by bus and walked through a 1920/30s sprawling council estate.  This kind of area used to creep me out completely 10 or 20 years ago.  But now I was relaxed and stress free.  The adults in these places belong at  the bottom of the social economic strata.  And the kids are ferel.  But it doesn't bother me any more.  One incident, a man acousted me and tried to sell me some 'high quality'  male perfume.  I managed to give a firm and polite no.  Without feeling guilty or getting upset.

Then I visited a neighboring multi racial shopping district.  Very colourful and lively.  I found everything I was looking for.  In one shop I bought out of date biscuits.  The cashier noticed and reduced the price by half.  Immigration has improved this area.  It's still deprived but. Much more full of life.  And the only distressing scene was a large group of drunks totally intoxicated sitting in the street.

• I love the smell of dettol.

• ...I also like the smell of Dettol. And also I like the smell of RAID (a Brand of Bug Spray)...! I like the smell of Eggs and Fish, also. All these smells, "people" hate... and they love the smell of Bread and Cut Grass, but I hate them. Nothing to do with Autism, I say. Everyone has their own associations with something (as Mr. LoneWarrior said!)...

• Take care,,,and yes ones own troubles! 

Very much so!

I hope you are ok, and “not” chatting,,,,with you has and always will be a very rewarding and uplifting experience, long may it continue,

Good fortune to yourself...a plenty. ()

Reply Children
No Data