We, Together.

"You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”

- George Bernard Shaw.

I've always loved that quote, i think its one that adequately describes who I am/we are; Outside the box, pondering schrodingers NT inside the box.

Unfortunately, to those in the box everything becomes box shaped and all the solutions are cuboid. But we're non convex polygons (Eight pointed black star's), we dont fit in neat little boxes.

Unorthodox start to a post i realise, but i know you get it.

And i know its not the only thing you 'get' when you read other peoples posts on these pages and elsewhere on the net, especially the painful ones, because you have either been there or are currently passing through there for the umpteenth time, just know this, you are not alone. x

And that is the point of this post, you may have read my ramblings on other posts, particularly the suicide ones where i have mused about creating change, making things different etc etc blah blah blah ad nauseum Nauseated face 

Now is the time to 'be the change' once again.

I intend on creating a metaphorical 'Space Port ASC' outside the box. OK i hear you 'thewhothewherethewhaaanow'. Think of it as a digital community of free range ASC folks, taking the best technologies the net has and harnessing them to make our lives better, together (ffs did i really just go brexity), and extending this into RL progress. This will not be another website/forum, it will be a true digital community hub for US.

I'm not going to lay it all out here in public, which is the point of this post, i am looking to create a small working group of people to discuss, explore and hopefully help shape 'Space Port ASC' (obv not its name, just an abstract thought, maybe an operational name per se ;) )

Who am i looking for?

No Idea. I would like to put our best foot forward so any foundations laid are solid, that means a broad spectrum of switched on people.

OVER 18, legally competent. Preferably diagnosed or well on the path.

Those requirements may jar some of you but i feel that it is best if we are able to navigate this pathfinding mission without added layers of complexity, space port ASC will be for EVERYBODY on the spectrum when sufficient safeguards are in place, i feel that is absolutely necessary.

I would also like to hear from people on this thread who like the idea of an ASC digital community, and would participate as a 'netizens' in our digital world.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

- Margaret Mead

Parents
  • Hi Perdu

Below is the current government strategy for autism which is to be reviewed in 2019. It may serve as a possible starting point in which I believe you are suggesting to be a multi modal support network.

• This is the route to suicide tbh, they tell you this n that support is available and its BS, you then start to fight and it becomes something else altogether.

More empty rhetoric.

Reply Children
  • Hi Perdu

So are you hoping to structure the community as a means of accessing support/information/guidance/case studies/directory information regarding accommodation, employment, health and well being etc using the above pillars/categories to help navigate the community?

It the idea to make it forum based as well as resource based? Or it is a routeway to try to a support the journey to a more positive self-actualisation for those on the spectrum.

Keen on your idea Perdu.. it is a good idea :) 

• So, does your idea hope to eradicate the bs and tell things as they are, to provide REAL and useful support or to put together a clearer picture of what support IS needed and push for it to happen?

None of the above is criticism and I admire your vision ... I’m just a bit dim at times..